Friday 22 April 2011

Acrylic Adventures

It's been a while since I've updated my nail blog and the main reason is that my nails just haven't been great lately. So much so that I decided to get acrylics. I bought a kit to do them myself (I don't like other people touching my nails!) I did a fair amount of research and decided on a Rio Acrylic dip kit. Comes with nail tips and an acrylic setting powder. It was pretty easy to do really, but it took me all evening and I ended up having to buff out a few ridges that I had missed the following day.


I was pretty happy with them, apart from not being able to pick small things up or scratch very well!
They lasted 2 days at work and then I cracked one. I wouldn't mind if I was doing something bad but all I did was open a box of tablets (I'm a dispenser in a pharmacy) and my right hand thumb nail cracked down the middle. I think if they had lasted a bit better that I would have carried on with them and tried to infill when the time came but if they are going to crack during such a simple task then they are not worth the bother. It took me another evening to get them all off!

Now as a result my nails are all short and probably fairly weak. I really hope they don't take too long to grow as I've just ordered the new nail art plates from Amazon by bundlemoster. They are meant to have bigger full nail images on them now and that was the only reason I have not got the other set already, the full nail designs are my favourite.

I'm hoping (if my poor, poor nails can stand it) to do a Royal wedding manicure. I'm not really into the wedding at all but two of my friends at work are and I know they will appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment